Anyone who has been to Portugal has indulged in the classic treat - petiscos - small plates enjoyed together with friends. Petiscos are a delicious snack or meal AND they are the perfect Super Bowl finger food! Just pop open your favorite Vinho Verde or Portuguese beer and your Super Bowl party will be fresher, healthier and more interesting than the classic Doritos and Cheetos fest (although hey, why not enjoy that too!).
- "Whiskey" Piri Piri Shrimp - This "Whiskey" (actually Madeira but Whiskey can be substituted) Piri Piri shrimp blends the spicy flavors of Africa with the seafood and drink of the Madeira islands.
- Veggie fritters with a twist - this Goan inspired dish uses coconut and Indian spices to light up a simple Chickpea Fritters.
- What takes these bitesized Portuguese Pork Shoulder Sliders to the next level on game day? The Pork shoulder is simmered in Vinho Verde and served with red pepper jus!
- A fresh alternative to chicken wings - Portuguese Port Paprika Chicken Bites! Enough said!
- More Vinho Verde finger food recipes - yes please! Here is a classic - Little Neck Clams Steamed in Vinho Verde. Pair with Vinho Verde or a nice cold Portuguese beer.
- Surf and turf Portuguese style - Portuguese Shrimp and Chourico. Bursting with Mediterranean flavors this is a dish just about everyone loves.
- Now for the ultimate classic - The Bacalhau Fritter. It's simple and one of the most delicious foods on the planet - cod, eggs, a fryer - pop me some Portuguese bubbly for this pairing!
- Portuguese Chourico in a Blanket - spicer than the original game day treat - your guests will soon have a new favorite pig in a blanket!
- Portuguese Salame De Chocolate "Chocolate Salami" - Don't worry this dessert contains no meat! The chocolate "salami" incorporates coco, eggs, butter and Maria biscuits for a light, and easy transportable dessert.
- Pasteis De Nata. A classic - need I say more!
Looking for Portuguese wine and port pairings? Check out my online Portuguese bottle shop. Enjoy! - Rachel Farah